Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Accused of Committing Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon? A person commits the offense of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon if the person commits assault and the person either causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person’s spouse; or uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.
Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon is a second degree felony. This offense is a first degree felony if the person either:
- Used a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault and caused serious bodily injury to a person with whom the actor was in a dating relationship or is a member of the actor’s family; or
- Is a public servant acting under color of the servant’s office or employment; or
- Against a person the defendant knows is a public servant while the public servant is lawfully discharging an official duty, or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of official power or performance of an official duty as a public servant; or
- In retaliation against or on account of the service of another as a witness, prospective witness, informant, or person who has reported the occurrence of a crime; or
- Against a person the actor knows is a security officer while the officer is performing a duty as a security officer; or
- The actor is in a motor vehicle.
If you or someone you know have been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, or under investigation for such offense, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney.
The Law Office of Alexandria Cazares-Perez has experience in the difference phases of a criminal case and represents persons who are investigated or charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Do not wait to contact a criminal defense attorney, if could affect the result of your case. Call us now for a free and confidential consultation-(214)635-3509, or visit our website: https://www.cazaresperez.com/contact/.
Like us on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cazaresperezcrimelaw/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cazpercrimelaw/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cazpercrimelaw
Disclaimer: The information you obtain from this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Neither your receipt of information from this website, nor your use of this website to contact Alexandria Cazares-Perez, PC. or one of its attorneys creates an attorney-client relationship between you and Alexandria Cazares-Perez, PC. Do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.